CooL Compressions CPR offers a CPR and First Aid Instructor Certification Course that meets the requirements of the American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support and Heartsaver® CPR AED, or the American Safety & Health Institute CPR and First Aid courses.
CPR and First Aid Instructor Certification Course Prerequisites
Before registering for the CPR and First Aid Instructor Certification Course, you must first meet the following requirements:
- Fill out and submit the Instructor Pre-Qualification Application
- Complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Online
- Be a certified provider of the discipline(s) for the Instructor Course
- Complete the discipline specific classroom instructor course
- Be monitored teaching the discipline within six months
The CPR and First Aid Instructor Certification course prepares candidates to teach instructor-led CPR and First Aid courses. You will learn how to use instructor teaching materials, ensure your students are meeting their learning objectives, coach your students to success, proctor skills performance testing and follow instructor and course policies.
The course consists of:
- BLS Instructor Essentials course (classroom or blended)
- Full day of in classroom training with instructor workbook and written test
- Review of AHA and ASHI student training materials and workbooks
- Two or more student monitoring days teaching a course ( your site or ours)